One more puzzle piece of love recently fell into place for DC and I.
I got a new job!
I recently accepted a position with my current company, in our Account Management division as a Service Manager. The position is 100% remote and I am super excited to be joining the team and welcome all the challenges and learning opportunities that come with it. It also gives me the financial security I need to make my big move to New Hampshire to be with my DC
So it’s official!! I’m now a Service Manager and moving to New Hampshire December 29th, 2012 … just in time to ring in the new year with my love. Anyone up for NYE in Manch-Vegas?
It’s been 4 years since I had a work from home job so I know I will have a bit of an adjustment period as I get into my groove and figure out my new roles and responsibilities.
I’ve started compiling a top 10+ list of reasons I’m looking forward to working from home:
1. The commute – No more dealing with traffic and I’ll be helping the environment too!
2. Wardrobe malfunctions – Each morning as I lay in bed listening to my alarm go off the first thing I think about is “what am I going to wear”. This is dependent highly on weather, but also on my mood. I typically change at least 2 times before I make it out the door in the morning, but working from home will require a very low maintenance wardrobe of Jeggings, over-sized sweaters and UGGs.
3. Bad Hair Day? Who cares! – My hair desperately needs a vacation from my hairdryer. I wont even have to brush my hair if I don’t want to (my company isn’t advanced enough to use video conferencing like Skype yet).
4. My kitchen is my favorite cafeteria – While I do appreciate the office cafeteria, I’m never really impressed with the selections and I’ll be able to keep better tabs on my diet if I am not tempted by the Fun (fried) Food Buffet.
5. Customized office space – well, there is only so much I can do to decorate my cubicle, but in my home office I have free reign on how pink my space is
6. I wanna ROCK! – I always have music playing on my PC, but in an office environment you have to be respectful of everyone around you, so cranking up Toto’s Africa could easily disrupt my cube neighbors, but when I am home … as long as I don’t have a conference call to attend … I can crank the tunes that fuel my productivity.
7. Privacy – every once in a while you gotta make a phone call that you don’t need everyone in earshot listening in on.
8. No more stolen printouts! – This one might need to move up on the list. I sit 10 feet away from the printer, but somehow between the time I print and walk to the printer my documents have disappeared.
9. Kitties! – They may not be acceptable in the office, but in my home office it’s all kitties all the time. They are very helpful. Except when I am on the phone and they think I am talking to them. I’ll need a door to my home office.
10. Window seat! – This is a hot commodore in the office, but in my home office I can set myself up to have a nice window view (well, hopefully)
11. I like burnt popcorn! – Everyone gets so upset when I “accidentally” microwave my popcorn too long because it stinks. Well when I am working from home I can have all the over cooked popcorn I want!!!
12. Contributed by Sharon Z – There is only one printer to fight with and I’m the tech support!
What am I missing??