This may possibly be my last bump date before baby Pickle arrives. It’s been a crazy week in pregnancy-land.
Last Wednesday I went in to see my OB for a non-scheduled visit for fear that I had ruptured my bag of waters. There was all this fluid and while it didn’t seem as dramatic as my actual water breaking it sure did seem suspect. That wasn’t the case, but while I was there my blood pressure was really high. Certainly couldn’t have been related to the fact that I spent the day worried that this baby was planning his exit strategy 3 weeks early!
At my regularly scheduled appointment on Thursday my blood pressure was still elevated so I was told to keep an eye on it and come back in first thing on Monday morning, but I didn’t get that far. Friday afternoon I was feeling a little off. My heart was racing and my breath felt short. So after reading a bit about preeclampsia I decided I better call my Doctor who advised me to head on over to the Birthing Center and get checked out.
After several hours “hanging” in the hospital everything checked out normal. Baby was looking good, my oxygen was good, blood was good, urine was good. I headed home with some “homework” to spend the next 24 hours collecting urine and bed-rest for the weekend. So much for my plans to help DC paint the old house in preparation for new tenants moving in. Oh and the hoards of boxes in my living & dining rooms? Yah, still there.
Along comes Monday and I am back at the Doctors office. Blood pressure is still high so back to the Birthing center I go.
All the tests come back perfectly normal! What gives? I know Pickle isn’t trying to come early at this point because I haven’t even had the slightest contraction … and I had a talk with him about how once he comes out he wont be getting the direct feed of ice cream he’s been enjoying so much.
Another 24 hour urine collection … it’s a glamorous life I tell ya!
Yesterday we had an ultrasound to check fluids and measurements and all is well with those too, but at today’s follow up my blood pressure was still elevated; however lower than it had been. My doctor advised that at this point she believes I have Gestational Hypertension which could easily turn into preeclampsia so we discussed the possibility of induction.
I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it. For the past 8 months all I have thought about was how I was going to really enjoy my last weeks of pregnancy. Weekends at the lake in my super cute maternity swim suit. Evenings exploring my new town and walks around my new neighborhood. Yet here I am faced with a possible eviction notice on my baby and as much as I can not wait to have him and hols him and give him all my love, well … it just feels so all of a sudden!
I truly thought I was going to be pregnant until mid-July!
Additionally, my due date has been reset back to it’s original date of July 2nd. All this time I was planning for the 7th but my current doctor feels that since the difference was less than 7 days they are going with the 2nd, which means instead of being just over 37 weeks I’m now 38 weeks and induction would happen at 39 weeks!!
And now relax because really I have no reason. I have everything I need to care for this little guy when he makes his debut, though I would rather it be on his terms and not being forced out of his warm and cozy belly-home. His room is ready. My hospital bag is packed. My diaper bag is packed. Clothes, sheets, blankets are all washed and ready. Our car seat is installed.
I just really wish I didn’t have all this clutter of unpacked boxes filled with things that seem so unessential to me right now. If you happen to know of any magic disappearing boxes fairies please send them my way!
Until my next post please keep your fingers crossed for us that we are able to wait out this delivery until Pickle decides it’s time!